We are committed to providing you with the best possible care. If you have medical insurance, we are able to help you receive your maximum allowable benefits. In order to achieve these goals we need your assistance and your understanding of our payment policy. Dr. Presant can determine whether your condition is a covered benefit by your insurance contract.
Payment for services is due at the time services are rendered unless payment arrangements have been approved in advance. We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, or American Express OR our billing service will be happy to file YOUR insurance claim once your coverage and benefits are verified and we determine your out of pocket cost share (deductable and co-pay).
You must realize, however, that:
1. Your insurance is a contract between you/your employer, and the insurance company. We are not always a party to that contract.
2. Not all services are a covered benefit in all contracts. Some insurance companies arbitrarily select certain services they will not cover.
We must emphasize that as medical care providers, our relationship is with you, not your insurance company. While filing of insurance claims is a service that we will perform for you, your cooperation and assistance is necessary.
1. We will file all claims for you and attempt to verify your benefits.
2. You will immediately turn over all insurance checks and E.O.B.’s (explanation of benefits) sent to you, for services we provide, without delay.
3. Screening ultrasound exams are $ 110 for non-covered patients.
4. Free consultations are educational and for cosmetic spider veins exclusively.
If you have any questions about the above information or any uncertainty regarding insurance coverage, please do not hesitate to ask.